Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The House That Ruth Built

What a great night for a baseball game. Not a cloud in the sky. A very comfortable temperature. And I'm not exaggerating when I say that Yankee Stadium looked absolutely majestic under the black canvas of the clear night sky.

Sitting eight rows behind the Yankee dugout we had a great view of all the players as they came on and off the field. We were so close that as my friend Billy pointed out you could actually see AROD's lips start to turn purple as the temperature dropped below 55. So close that you could actually hear Hideki Matsui curse in Japanese after each weak pop up. So close that you could actually see Gary Sheffield's face cringe after a heckler yelled, "R. Kelly peed on your wive!"

I got a lot of pictures including one of the back of Derek Jeter's father's head, as Mr. Jeter was only four rows ahead of us. All in all, I took 9 pictures, 7 of which were of DJ or his family, which may or may not mean that I have a thing for Derek Jeter. It's just that I didn't want to waste good film on Robinson Cano.

No comments: