Monday, May 09, 2005

On Getting Fired.....

For a moment there, as I began to process the words, "your fired", I thought I was on a reality t.v. show. But then I began to realize that reality t.v. shows and I don't get along (i.e. Dream Job, American Candidate, Real World, etc.)

Once the reality of it began to set in I immediately started to think of what this would mean to my social life. There would be no more friday afternoon happy hours or high powered networking lunches. And then I realized that I don't drink and that I eat lunch by myself.

In actuality, I think this may have been a good thing. I'll now have the time to check all 21 of my fantasy baseball teams, catch up on the last five issues of Maxim that I haven't read yet (including a British version that I bought last week out of curiousity and bc I thought Keira Knightley might be in it), start a season of MLB 2k4 on PlayStation, and last but not least search for russian mail order brides to import as my date to my sisters wedding. Heck, I might even start going to the gym. That's right the gym that I joined six months ago and have been to five times since.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for your new blog thingie! It gives me something to do in the library other than homework. Another positive is it is hard to feel sorry for yourself about the homework you have to do after reading that your friend was fired. I hope you are okay about it as you seem. You were too good for them anyways.

Love
Kristen Jordan