Monday, July 25, 2005

Am I too fat?

I never thought I would ask this but am I too fat? After 23 years of grand mother types telling me that I'm too skinny, and of people making fun of me for having chicken legs has the time finally come when I need to go on a diet?

The answer sadly may be yes after I went to Kohl's on Sunday night and tried on some shorts. I took shorts with sizes 32, 33, 34 to the changing room and walked out a few minutes lately carrying nothing but the realization that times are a changing. I wound up getting a pair in a size 36!

I then went home and weighed myself coming in at a world record setting 172 pounds. In college I mostly weighed 150 which means that in the year since I graduated I've gained some 20 pounds!

The fact that I sleep until 2 pm everyday and go to the gym once a month are probably contributing factors. But I think that my diet is mostly to blame. Here's a look at what I eat every night for a bed time snack:

Sherbet or Ice Cream
Fruit
Cookies
Pretzels or Potato Chips
2 bowls of cereal

And that's just for a bed time snack. Combine all that with what I eat throughout the day and it's no wonder that I'm gaining weight faster than a pregnant woman. But looking on the bright side at least girls like me for my charming personality.

Yeah right. Now if you'll excuse me I gotta go to the gym.

No comments: