Friday, July 22, 2005

Revenge of the Fantasy Gods

Maybe they read my previous post entitled, Five Minutes With God, in which I proclaimed to be an atheist. Or perhaps they were angered when I ran my mouth for the last four months proclaiming to be a genuine fantasy god.

Either way, the merciless Fantasy Gods, finally got their revenge on me last night as they prevented me from conducting my first fantasy football draft of the season. You see, when I tried to enter the draft room on yahoo.com I was denied access. I thought I had something to do with my pop up blocker but once disabled I still couldn't get in. I also tried my laptop and Mark's computer and none worked.

Befuddled I asked the all knowing and powerful Goddess of Computers, Melanie, for help but she couldn't even fix it. That's when you know there's a higher power at work.

Unable to enter the draft room I was forced to draft blind, telling my picks via phone, to Brian Berkowicz in true war room fashion as he made them for me on his computer. Now that's a true friend.

He hooked me up in a moment that I'm sure will make it into my best man speech at his wedding but unfortunately for him he also provided me with unlimited ammunition for bragging rights. After all, if I can win a league in which I drafted off the top of my head, without being privy to the list of available players or who had already been drafted, then he's never going to hear the end of it. And neither will the Fantasy Gods.

In case you were wondering here's who I drafted:

QB: Aaron Brooks/Jake Plummer
RB: Ladanian Tomlinson/Fred Taylor/Travis Henry
WR: Marvin Harrison/Plaxico Burress/Deion Branch/Peerless Price/Antwaan Randel El
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Mike Vanderjagt
DEF: Jets

What say you to that?

No comments: