Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Craig: The Early Years

In honor of my return to school this summer to take three boring history classes, I have decided to give everyone a historical look at my life. You may be saying to yourself, what’s the point of that? One look and we can already tell that you’re a 12 year old in a 23 year old's body, whose unemployed, and still lives in his parent’s basement. What else is there to know? But there’s more to me than meets the eye.

So, all week long, I’ll be looking back at the good, the bad, and the ugly of the last 23 years. If you just met me or are someone other than my mother this should serve to fill you in on what you’ve missed.

We’ll start with the Early Years, birth to 3 years old which I spent in Brooklyn, NY.

Having been born in Brooklyn I lost all semblance of individuality since almost every single person in the free world is born in Brooklyn. Seriously if you took a survey of everyone in North America, I bet that 1 in 5 people would say that they were born in Brooklyn.

Other than giving birth to half of the world’s population, Brooklyn is also known for Coney Island as well as wine and cheese parties in Williamsburg. Not a very exciting place to grow up but I was too young to remember any of it anyway, so it doesn’t really matter.

It was in Brooklyn though where I learned how to walk and later run…away from criminals. In fact, growing up in Brooklyn may have subconsciously forged my first prejudices towards minorities. A trend that, according to Billy, continues to this very day whenever I play softball. (Just for the record I’m really not prejudiced. It just seems that way because I'm afraid to pitch to minorities.)

When I was three, I moved out of Brooklyn and to Baldwin, Long Island where I........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, you're such a racist...

Craig Shames said...

According to Brian M. thats impossible since I hate everyone equally.....