Sunday, July 24, 2005

Week in Review

Random thoughts from the last week:

Do you think that the actors who play Harry, Hermione, and Ron in the Harry Potter movies are reading the new book with extra interest wondering what scenes they will have to do when the movie comes out?

Another Harry Potter comparison that I forgot to make is.... just kidding. I'll try and spare you all the Harry Potter talk from now on. At least until #7 comes out.

Sorry but I just can't resist. He's Harry and I'm hairy.

From the sad but true archives: Sunday night my cousin Lauren come over with her husband Philipe. During conversation I told Lauren that I was going to become a high school teacher to which she replied, "How are you going to pull that off? You still look like you could be one of the students!"

On Tuesday, Phil from Baldwin called into the local sports talk show and sure enough it was Phil Malfettone, Brian's dad. He was talking about how the Yankees should trade Bernie Williams to the Dodgers for starting pitcher Derrek Lowe. First off, that's about as likely to happen as me finding a girlfriend before I turn 30. Secondly, now I know where Brian gets his crazy ideas from. Like father, like son.

Did you know that the finalists for President Bush's Supreme Court nomination were Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, and Judge Mills Lane?

On Wednesday night my old boss from Adelphi called as part of a calling campaign to try and get me to complete my graduate application. She was just reading from a script and didn't even realize that it was me! Typical Adelphi.

I've been spending so much studying history lately that the other day when someone asked me for directions to the nearest pizzeria I went off on a twenty minute tangent about the Italian Revolution of 1848.

I don't know why I bother though. After four years of studying political science at Northeastern I still don't know what the difference is between liberals and conservatives. The only thing worse is that after 23 years I still don't know the difference between the Meadowbrook and Southern State parkways.

Rumor has it that Atlanta has a female to male ratio of 10:1. That just means that if I lived in Atlanta my chances of getting rejected would be 10x greater.

Having Melanie home for the weekend is like having your own personal IT technician in the house with the only differences being that she doesn't live in India and actually speaks English.

Why has everyone been hating on my chillaxing away message lately? It's just my default away message. It doesn't always mean that I'm chillaxing. I mean do you really think when you see the message "I am playing a computer game that takes up my whole screen" that the person is actually playing the game?

Saturday night I tried to go see Wedding Crashers but it was sold out in four theatres. Not a good way to follow up a night in which some girl asked me if I was into computers because I was wearing glasses. As I was sitting in Brian's backyard tent I thought to myself: here I am in a tent of depression on a night of despair in a backyard of disappointment. Now that's literary gold!

In honor of Brian Berkowicz coming up this weekend Brian Malfettone and I are thinking of throwing a themed party called Brianapooloza in which everyone would have to come as cavemen and cavegirls. In other words I would be going topless and Brian B. would be acting like himself.

The funniest moment of the week: During softball practice Rob was telling us about how he almost dunked while throwing down an alley oop pass in a basketball game. To which Billy replied, "where was this? In some kid's pool?"

No comments: