Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Movie About Me

Just got back from seeing my new favorite movie, the War of the Worlds. It was outstanding and I give it my highest recommendation. You have to go see this movie. Repeatively. And then you have to rent it and watch it again. And then buy it when it comes out on DVD. And then buy it again when a special commerative edition comes out. In 20 years, you'll have to buy the 20th anniversary edition as well. That's how good it is.

But as good as it was, it wasn't even the highlight of the night. The highlight occurred during the coming attractions when there was a preview for a movie with that guy from The Office.

It's called the 40 year old Virgin and if I didn't know any better I would say it was based on my life. Picture this. There's this guy whose 40 years old and still a virgin. He rides his bike everywhere, is a Kelly Clarkson fan, and has an insanely hairy chest. Honestly, if that's not me in 17 years, I don't know who is. I'm thinking about filing a lawsuit for gimmick infringement.

I will so be there on opening night. Maybe even in L.A. for the premiere. I might even go to London, Paris, or Rome for the European openings. But until then I must excuse myself. I have to go and do a thousand situps before I go to the beach tomorrow.

No comments: