Friday, July 08, 2005

Craig: The College Years

A whole lot more entertaining than Saved by the Bell: The College Years. It was here that I learned a lot about myself, primarily that I can't fall asleep unless there's complete silence and that I don't like people who laugh uncontrolably while killing people in video games. Here are a few more memorable moments....

Freshman Year: Not wanting to repeat my wallflower lifestyle from high school, I spent the first few days going door to door and introducing myself to every single person in my dorm. Within 72 hours everyone knew who I was. The only problem was that they thought I was some kind of sketchy freak with nothing better to do than knock on people's doors.

Sophomore Year: Joined the Army ROTC to help pay for school. At the time their top recruiter, Captain Pistone, said that I would get to meet girls and travel the world. Three years later after not leaving Boston nor meeting any girls I quit.

Middler Year: No it's not a typo. I spent four years at Northeastern but never as a senior. Instead I was a middler my third year. Regardless of the nomanclature of my classification it was a good year as I became President of the Class Council Governing Board. For those of you who aren't fimilar with Class Council it basically means that I was the one who got to waste the next two years planning events that nobody would go to.

Junior Year: Burned out from Class Council I turned on the administration and helped out with www.nushuffle.com, a parody website that made fun of the infamous administrative runaround at NU. Height of my collegiate popularity but I was blacklisted around campus by administrators preventing me from running for Homecoming King or getting any letters of recommendation after graduation. On the bright side people actually thought I was funny.

Senior Year: Went on one last spring break road trip around the bible belt. Trip had some high points, getting a quadruple kiss, and some low points, falling off a mechancial bull. Afterwards, graduated early to get away from all the massholes who wanted to kick my ass for wearing a Yankees hat for all those years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, Craig, I must say...reading about your entire life from birth-present was extremely enlightening. It explains SO much. Maybe if you had shared this info. with me on the first day of work, I would have known...

to stay away...

far, far away.
;-)

Craig Shames said...

But Whitney if you would have stayed away think about all the good times you would have missed out on....like the time I missed your f work party or the time I cancelled plans to go to the Cheesecake Factory or the time I stood you up on your birthday...