Sunday, July 17, 2005

Week in Review

Random thoughts from the last week:

Earlier this week Brian B said that he was preparing a stand up comedy routine. As I've learned so far in my history class, 'those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it'. So Brian, what are you doing? Don't you remember when I tried stand up and left the stage to a chorus of, "Craig Sucks, Craig Sucks". It's too late for me but you can still save yourself!

But while you're up there remember that you want to kill not bomb. Killing is good it means you're funny. Bombing is bad it means you suck.

Speaking of comedy, my teacher joked that an economist is like a sex expert whose never been with a girl. In other words an economist is a lot like me.

Did anybody read in the news about that teacher who called in sick but wound up going to Japan to wrestle. He wound up getting fired but appeared monday night on Raw in a match against Kurt Angle. A teacher who wanted to become a wrestler. Sounds familar.

By the way that guy might be my new idol. After all, Derek Jeter didn't even make the all star team. And it's been about four years since he won a World Series. Sorry Derek but I've moved on.

Proof that I'm a fantasy god: At the all star break I was in the top 3 in 13 of 14 yahoo leagues. Which means I'm either the greatest fantasy baseball player of all time or the biggest loser of all time. Take your pick.

But I would lean towards loser if I were you. After all, I did stay in on Saturday night to start reading the new Harry Potter book.

No comments: