Thursday, July 28, 2005

Close Call

Yesterday we all got a scare as I had to take Mark to the hospital around 5:30 pm with heart attack like symptons.

I called 911 but I was put on hold with a message repeating: Your call with be answered in the order it was received. What good is that going to do? How about putting me through to someone so I can get help? Instead I threw Mark in the car and drove to the hospital like I was playing Crazy Taxi in the Fenway 13. We got there in record time and went to the ER right away.

The first thing he said to me after coming to after the surgery was, "I hope you don't always drive like that." To which I replied, "Nah, I usually say 'wheee' while making a turn."

It turns out that Mark had a 100% blockage in one of his arteries and 80% in another which will require another operation this weekend. He should make a full recovery which means it shouldn't be long before he's back home and arguing with me over every little thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, there's another headcase like me out there? I'm still living at my mother's house at 24. Don't feel bad. You crack me up! I wish we lived closer so we could rant and rave to each other. Check out my link at myspace. http://www.myspace.com/troubadourette

Craig Shames said...

Oooo, my first fan!!!! And a hot girl at that! This is so exciting! Except for the fact that you live in f'ing Montana!!!! For those of you who know nothing about me that's sum up my whole life right there. But, hey, at least we can be myspace friends!