Tuesday, July 26, 2005

More Bitter Than a Herb

Why am I mad at the world? Why do I hate people I haven't even met and hold grudges against people for things that happened so long ago that they don't even remember anymore why it is that I'm mad at them?

Why is Andrew Prusack my arch rival nemesis? Why can't I forgive Al Jordan for pushing me in the first grade? Why do I refuse to give Erik Jorgensen the time of day?

Perhaps the fact that I'm more sexually frustrated than a nun has something to do with it. Maybe I've developed a complex after suppressing all these feelings over the years. Who knows?

All I know is that I'm angrier than a dwarf after being called a midget. Angrier than a taxi cab driver after some drunken teenagers bail on the bill. Angrier than a pimp after he finds out one of his whores has been stealing from him. Angrier than Bobby Knight in a post game news conference. Angrier than, well, you get the point.

The most recent recepient of my cold shoulder and evil eye has been this know it all in my Western Civilization Class. It's one thing to be a know it all if you actually know it all. It's another to be a know it all if you're just talking out of your ass because you like the sound of your voice. This kid is the latter and to make it all worse he's also the class clown who always has a witty remark ready on the tip of his tongue.

I hate this unknown ass clown because everyone thinks he's so smart and so funny when he really is just a few years away from handing out paper towels in the men's room of a fancy restaurant. I see right through his act. It may work in the classroom at NCC but it doesn't work with me.

As such I was delighted to see that he got a 90 on the first test where as I got a 96 and then a 100 in American History. Take that kid I hate even though I don't know your name. Take that.

No comments: