Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Harry Potter and the Craig Shames Comparisons

While reading the latest Harry Potter book I came across a couple of very interesting lines. Don't worry the following excerpts don't reveal who dies or who the half blood prince is but they do show how I'm very similar to Harry Potter or at least characters in the series in terms of eating habits:

1. From page. 143. The new teacher, Professor Slughorn says, "I've packed my own lunch; the trolley, as I remember it, is heavy on licorice wands, and a poor old man's digestive system isn't quite up to such things..."

2. From page. 252. J.K. Rowlings writes about Harry, "The smell of roast beef made Harry's stomach ache with hunger..."

Looks like I would have fit in very nicely at Hogwarts seeing how there were licorice wands and roast beef aplenty. But similar eating habits alone does not make people compare me to Harry Potter or others in the wizarding world. I think it has more to do with my deshelved appearance, passion for all things fantasy (sports that is), and striking resemblance to a third grader.

Nonetheless, I have been compared to animated cartoon or made up fictional characters more times than President Bush says the word evildoers in one of his speeches. Here's the updated list:

Harry Potter
Arthur the Aardvark
Where's Waldo
Jimmy Neutron
Curious George

On the bright side, at least no one has ever said that I look like Alf. In terms of real people I have gotten:

Freddie Prince Jr.
Ben Affleck
Keanu Reaves
Topher Grace
John Carpenter - the 1st champ on Who Wants to be a Millionaire

Again on the bright side, at least no one has ever said that I look like Mimi from the Drew Carey Show.

But seriously what's with everyone always trying to compare me to someone else? What's wrong with being Craig Shames?

Don't answer that, it was just a rhetorical question.

No comments: