Friday, June 10, 2005

And the golden popcorn goes to....

After watching the MTV Movie Awards last night, I decided to hold an awards show of my own. Unfortunately, MTV would rather air reruns of "Meet the Barkers" and "I Want a Famous Face" than air the first annual 'Craig Awards'. So we won't be able to watch the show but here is a recap of what happened.....

Awards you would expect to see on MTV:

Best kiss - Erin Burns for her surprise kiss that sent me flying across the room, resulting in a broken lamp and $135 in other various room damages.

Best comedic performance: Brian Malfettone for calling me "Jewbacca" in a blog article that detailed how I am a descendant of a yetti.

Best team: The Gamers for leading the ABA in fewest runs allowed and allowing me to pitch even though the likelihood of me throwing a strike is about as great as the likelihood of me losing my virginity to someone other than a hooker.

Break through performer (male) - Billy Bezouska for playing wiffleball, buying me a bike, and allowing me to give him this award even though he thinks that it is insanely gay.

Break through performer (female) - Whitney Bates for being the only person at work to actually think my ruminations list was funny.

Best male performance - Sean Gordon in Napolean Dynomite. Oh wait, that wasn't Sean. That was John Heder.

Best female performance - Leigh in bed, although I'll never know.

Lifetime achievement award - Craig's left hand for always being there for him when he needed it.

Best movie - Meet the Fockers, starring Brian Berkowicz and whoever he brings home from the bar.

Now for the real awards, not those nicely packaged MTV ones:

Best crotch grab while falling down - Erin Burns

Most obsessed with Disney (tie) - Leigh Taginski and Justin Bender

Dirtiest thing said - Heidi Squires for saying that she wanted to put on a strap on and give it to Britney Spears.

Best timing - Russell Martello for wearing a Baldwin Unity Day t-shirt the day after an article on gamersallaccess.blogspot.com made fun of him for always wearing a Baldwin Unity Day shirt.

The funniest moment of the year - Brian Malfettone for yelling out during a recent softball game when work out fiend, Scott Goldsmith, was late running out to the field, "hold up he's just finishing up a set. He'll be right out."

Highest threshold for pain (tie) - Tommy Gould, Mike Salvo, and Mike Sechrist for putting up with Bender all those years.

Person most likely to kill me for jokes made during this awards show (tie) : Heidi Squires and Justin Bender.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I just randomnly stumbled across your website and have never met any of you but that Brian Malfetotne guy sounds like the funniest guy I've ever heard. I'm a really hot blond with big boobs, is he cute??

M-Tone said...

I just wanted to point out two things: 1) you're a total hippocrit....you tell me my jokes are bad and there are two comedy awards given out and I took home both
Second) Chicks dig me.....as you'll see in the previous post

Craig Shames said...

The only thing funny about you is how you spell hypocrit and the fact that you would resort to posting under an anonymous name to give yourselve a compliment...