Sunday, June 26, 2005

Week in Review

Random thoughts from the past week:

You know your hairy when you go to drop off your dog to get groomed and the woman behind the counter asks if you are also getting any work done.

On Tuesday night, I went to the eye doctor and he was examining my eyes while listening to the Mets game. At one point he said, "oh shit, this doesn't look good." My heart dropped because I thought he was talking about my eyes but it turned out he was only talking about the Mets. I should have known better. It is the Mets after all.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the NYC teaching fellowship that I had applied for. I'm okay with it though, because honestly, could you have seen me teaching inner city youth? They eat skinny white guys like me alive for breakfast.

My rejection also means that I can now spare everyone the inevitable blog article that would have some how tied the teaching fellowship in with the fellowship from the lord of the rings. And as corny as this blog already is, that probably would have made it unreadable.

I've now gotten rejected so many times (by girls, from jobs, from fellowships, etc.) that I was thinking of writing a book entitled, "How to Get Rejected and Still Have Disproportionatly High Self Esteem."

Billy hit it right on the head when he said my days consist of sleeping late and then waking up and immediately going back to bed for my afternoon nap.

It's a good thing I bailed on Sean and didn't go to any of the Yankees game versus Tampa Bay. Man, do the Yankees suck.

Do you remember back when I won a game for Billy's softball team, the Swingers, by pinch hitting after someone left early? Well one of the guys from the Swingers filled in for us this week and after watching me go 0 for 5 in the second game with 2 outs in the same inning, he said to Billy, "wow, I didn't realize how much of a rare occurrence a base hit is for him. It's now more impressive what he did, coming through in the clutch like that for us, because it was such a long shot that he would get a hit in that spot." I'll take that as a compliment.

In the latest episode of Entourage, Ralph Macchio, the Karate Kid, made a cameo appearance. Conspiciously, Brian Malfettone was no where to be found six months ago when the episode was being filmed.

Do you think if I auditioned for the Real World and told them that I only wanted to be on the show so that I could then be on the Real World/Road Rules challenge that they would pick me?

1 comment:

M-Tone said...

i bet you didn't think i was going to read that one. this randomn thoughts section is great, these need to be the comments in your book