Tuesday, June 21, 2005

What Kind of Friend am I?

Last night I went to Rob's baseball game to watch him pitch. Between innings he told me that he might get a job offer and have to move to Boston. Instead of congratulating him, my first reaction was, "damn, now whose going to play shortstop for the Gamers?"

On top of that I left in the third inning, partly because it was cold out, partly because it was bugy out, and primarily because I wanted to watch the season finale of the Inferno. Which got me thinking that I'm a pretty bad friend.

After all, in the last week I bailed on Whitney, told Sean that I didn't want to go to the Yankees game with him, and yelled at Billy on at least five separate occasions. None of which even sound that bad when compared with the time I told Erica that she was like my thirteenth best friend after she told me I was one of her best friends or the time I told Evan that I didn't want to talk to him ever again after he asked me if he could copy my homework in 11th grade English.

It's obvious that I'm a bad friend. So much so, that in college my inability to maintain friendships was noticed by my close friend, Chris, who once asked, "Craig, it's been almost a year. When are you gonna stop talking to me?"

But alas I think the days of 'ending' people are over. Primarily because I'm trying to befriend as many people as possible so that I can get up to 200 friends on Facebook. Right now I"m up to 132. So Erica and Evan if you're reading this....I'm sorry.

No comments: