Monday, June 27, 2005

Is Scientology For Me?

Since I struck out with the ladies at Northeastern, on jdate and subsequently since moving back home, I figured I might as well try converting to scientology in hopes of attracting someone. After all, it worked for Tom Cruise.

So, I started to do a little research about my new found faith and found out the following. It is an applied religious philosophy, created by the philosopher L. Ron Hubbard, that enables individuals to make choices for themselves based on their own experiences. As their website, www.scientology.org says, they, "aim to create a civilization without insanity, without criminals and without war, where the able can prosper and honest beings can have rights, and where man is free to rise to greater heights."

I have no idea what that means but it sounds pretty good. And it sure beats eating gafelta fish, waking up early on Sunday to go to Church, or starving myself for a month during Ramadan. So for the time being it's my religion of choice, although deep down inside I'm still always going to be an atheist. After all, if there really was a God don't you think he would have found a way to keep Joan of Arcadia on the air?

No comments: