Saturday, June 04, 2005

One Man's Garbage is Another Man's Treasure

Or so goes the old saying. But that was hardly the case today. It was more like one man's garbage is another man's garbage.

You see, I went to a block sale in East Meadow in search of various trinkets to decorate my bachelor pad with and came away empty handed. Well almost empty handed. I did manage to pick up a few blisters and I damn sure acquired an appettite.

But much to my chagrin I didn't find anything worth purchasing. I was tempted to buy a mini-fridge for $15, but then I thought that a mini-fridge in my apartment filled with sunkist and box drinks wouldn't be very cool. After all, I need to dress this place up because you never know when the crew from MTV Cribs is going to be stopping by to film my episode.

So I went to the Tri-County Flea Market and bought a few posters. I picked up Scarface (seems like every single celebrity has one), the starry night Van Gogh, and some dogs playing poker. All key pick ups if you ask me.

The bachelor pad is coming along very nicely I think.

Now if I could only find a girl to come see it......

2 comments:

M-Tone said...

You copied my style w/ the scarface

Craig Shames said...

And you copied the style of every single person ever shown on cribs.....